Living in today’s world means that your body is regularly being exposed to toxins. Toxins come from the environment, various lifestyle choices, substances you use, and physiological stress that all take a toll on your body. Fortunately, your body is well-equipped to naturally handle the metabolic detoxification process and rid itself of unhealthy substances. A successful liver and kidney detox can result in many benefits for you and your overall sense of well-being. In this article I will discuss the 5 signs of a successful (and safe) liver detox.
What is a Liver Detox?
In order to rid your body of toxins that can build up in your tissues, fat, joints, and brain, your body must excrete them through the complex filtration system of your kidneys and liver. A liver detox is designed to support and promote this process.
But, how do you safely detox your liver? There are a growing number of trendy headlines and quick-fix plans for liver detox cleanses and diets, but what’s even more overwhelming is the confusion around how to do one of these safely. Furthermore, it’s not a detox diet or cleanse that you need – it’s a dietary reset that enhances and supports your body’s own natural detoxification processes.
When it comes to the natural detoxification process, the ability of a person to detox varies significantly, depending on many factors from overall health to nutritional status. Supporting your body’s natural individual processes can help it regulate its hormonal and fluid balance, provide energy to your cells to promote a higher functioning metabolism, and improve your overall brain function.
Unpleasant Side Effects
The buildup of toxins in your body can lead to unpleasant feelings like bloating, sluggishness, and lack of motivation. This is likely exacerbated by a lack of nutrients needed to fuel your body’s natural detoxification system.
If you choose to do one of the trendy water, juice or smoothie cleanses, you may not be setting yourself up for success. These can result in muscle wasting and an increase in hunger and fatigue, as they are often lacking in important nutrients.
In order to naturally detoxify your liver, the body needs macronutrients like high quality protein and carbohydrates, plus micronutrients like vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients from plant foods that provide targeted support.
What side effects can you expect when you go through a liver detox cycle? Some people report a few unpleasant feelings like headaches, congestion, irritability, nausea, muscle or joint pain, or fatigue in the short-term. This is most likely due to your body withdrawing from things like processed foods, sugar, and caffeine that you may have been incorporating into your diet.
A successful liver detox will help you get past any unpleasant side effects early on and experience much more enjoyable benefits.
5 Signs of a Successful Liver Detox
How do you know that your body has gone through a natural liver detoxification process? Here are 5 signs that may indicate success.
- You have more energy. Removing the natural buildup of toxins from your body is bound to leave you feeling energized. In the early stages of the Body Revive Diet, you will remove many foods that may be weighing you down – like processed foods, added sugar, salt, and caffeine – slowly replacing them and reintroducing healthier foods that can support healthy energy levels.
- You notice clearer skin. Toxins in the body, especially when in combination with stress, can lead to skin problems. Even adults struggle with difficult skin, sometimes complaining of acne, dryness, or oily and blotchy patches. Helping your body flush out extra toxins, like free radicals and heavy metals, may leave you enjoying clearer skin. One of the foundations of the Body Revive Diet is adequate hydration, which helps remove waste products and may support clearer skin.
- You enjoy better digestion. Your digestive system has its own detoxification system that protects your gut from harmful toxins.You may experience more regular bowel movements, and any bloating or nausea experienced before or in the early stages of the detoxification process should reside. The Body Revive Diet emphasizes many high-fiber foods, which are known to support a healthier and more regular digestive process.
- You notice reduced inflammation. Joint and muscle pain are common indications of inflammation throughout the body. This can be exacerbated by the buildup of toxins in your tissues, so following a detox may help you to feel less inflamed. The Body Revive Diet is high in antioxidant-rich foods which have anti-inflammatory properties.
- You have an improved mood. It goes without saying that when you’re feeling better physically, your mental state also improves. Detoxification often helps people sleep better, which also clears toxins from the brain and supports a healthier mood. Getting rid of toxins makes you feel lighter and happier both physically and mentally.
A successful kidney and liver detox is something that your body is a pro at managing itself. However, you can support your innate processes by choosing healthier, minimally processed, antioxidant-rich foods and staying hydrated. The Body Revive Diet program is an excellent way to guide you step by step through supporting your body’s own natural detoxification processes and optimizing your health.