Not a fan of traditional oatmeal? Try this delicious spin on wholesome oats!
This make-ahead recipe serves as a quick, grab n’ go healthy breakfast or snack option. Plus, it’s a great way to use up those berries that are about to go bad in your fridge. Give it a try and let me know what you think.
2 1/2 cups gluten-free oats
1/2 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. maple syrup
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups unsweetened almond milk
1 large egg
1 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
1 cup strawberries
1 cup blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Chop strawberries.
- Mix oats, maple syrup, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, 1/2 c strawberries, and 1/2 c blueberries in a large bowl.
- Mash banana.
- Combine milk, egg, coconut oil, mashed banana, and vanilla extract in a separate bowl. Whisk thoroughly.
- Spray an 8×11 inch deep baking dish with cooking spray.
- Pour oats mixture evenly into the baking dish.
- Add the other half of the berries to the top.
- Pour banana mixture on top of oatmeal mixture. Ensure the oats are soaked evenly. Sprinkle milk over any areas which need additional moisture.
- Bake oatmeal mix in the oven for 40 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Allow oatmeal bars to cool before cutting.